1. If you start with a standard sheet of paper you will need to make it square by folding one corner over to the edge and cutting off the extra flap.
2. Unfold it and you have a square.
3. Fold the other corners and crease again. Unfold so you are back to the square.
4. Next, fold each corner point into the center of the paper. Use the creases as a guide to help keep your folds straight.
5. With all four corners folded it should look like this.
6. Next, flip the whole thing over to the other side
7. and fold all four corners points into the center again.
8. With all of the corners folded in it will look like this.
9. Lift up the flaps and write the fortunes under here.
10. Write the numbers 1-8 on each of the triangles.
11. Flip it over and color or write the name of a different color on each flap.
12. Crease it along the flap lines, then flip it back over and stick your two thumbs and two forefingers into each of the four flap pockets. Fingers should press center creases so that all 4 flaps meet at a point in the center. Now you know how to make a cootie catcher!
Be sure to see the printable Cootie Catcher/ Fortune Teller templates available at Momsminivan.com! There is also a video there so you can see it in action.